NEW YORK CITY IN SPRING | Travel Diary

25 April 2018

View from the One World Trade Center.  WOWZA
Spring in NYC ♥
Ferrying to Liberty Island & Ellis Island was so peaceful and picturesque.
My delicious (and somewhat) healthy lunch on Ellis Island! 
This cathedral was so pretty ♥

new york city.   waking up at unearthly hours to travel.  listening to this song to get in the mood. trying, trying, trying to sleep.  rest stops.  too tired to function.  wanting hot coffee, but i don't drink it.  reaching the big apple.  the first glimpse of the skyscrapers and magnificent buildings.  sunlight reaching into the bus and gently drenching everything in golden whispers of eagerness.  crazy kids.  so much graffiti.  being a tourist in a city that inspires me so much.  the amazement of a country kid in the big city.  witnessing the memorials of the twin towers.  9/11 memorial.  taking pictures next to the survivor tree.  going up the elevator in the highest building in the western hemisphere.  one world trade center.  (i actually saw a guy vlogging there...#internetculture). anything is possible in new york city.


drinking in the view of NYC.  when traveling, always soak the view in.  that's what lives in your mind.  new york city is a huge, vast city.  it's inspiring.  it's big.  it's beautiful.

walking down to the waterside to board a ferry.  we passed a small film production.  trying to snap pictures of all the beauty of the city as i passed it too quickly.  reaching the h u g e line to board the ferry.  relief that our group was able to go the slightly shorter line.  security.  (i now kinda hate going through security !!!!). snapping pictures and laughing as we left battery park on the ferry to head to statue of liberty island.  cold winds.  bright sun.  heading to ellis island after climbing to the top of the pedestal of lady liberty.  (i'm gonna go back one summer day and climb to the crown ;) eating a healthy lunch!! (go NY). the architecture of ellis island.  the history of immigration.  taking selfies and being tired after lunch.

getting on the bus & heading to st. patrick's cathedral.  spontaneously deciding a few of us wanted to get souvenirs. leaving the group and buying merch off the streets of NYC.  overpriced? yes.  worth it? yes.  the memory was worth it.  witnessing a mass for the first time.  the solemnity of the occasion.  trying to vlog XD.  desperately wishing i could go shopping in manhattan.  (they had urban outfitters!). the evolving and inspiring style and culture of the city.

getting back on the bus to leave the city.  passing the president's new york building.  i see.  i see.  hmm.  stuck in traffic.  telling jokes to pass time.  finally reaching the japanese restaurant.  stuffing myself with good food that is probably actually not all that good for me.  playing with the kid's toy things in the middle of the mall.  (hey, it was late.) running back to the bus.  going home.  telling stories. and once again, being too tired to function.

it was an amazing day.  but i want to go back already.

If you haven't gathered from this post, I went to New York City last Friday on a field trip with my school, and it inspired me to no end.  Can I just live there for a few months??? I love it so much.

Have you ever been to NYC? Definitely do come if you haven't.  It's amazing.  And I didn't even get to explore all of it.  Yet. ;)

xx
autumn 

24 comments:

  1. SO MUCH AESTHETIC!!! These pics are AMAZE! Honestly, I would buy some of these.
    Also, what camera do you use? I'm thinking on upgrading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness wow!! Thank you!!
      I shot these on my camera and my phone, so it's kind of a mix. But my camera is a Canon Rebel t6i. I'd definitely recommend it for an entry-level DSLR!

      Delete
  2. AHHH THAT'S AMAZING. It sounds like you had fun, these pictures are gorgeous! I especially love the one of the lamppost and the flowers, I love travel diary posts so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEP THANKS FOR READING! I had so much fun yesss <3 I know right, they always inspire me so much!

      Delete
  3. Wow, those are so GORGEOUS!! I haven't been there, but I want to go someday. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go, Mikayla! It's a great city :)

      Delete
  4. THESE PICTURES ARE GORGEOUS!!!! It sounds like you had a very good time in NYC! I've never been, but I hope to go someday.

    Loved this post <3

    maddy || little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading & commenting, Maddy! You should definitely visit it if you can someday :)

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures, and the description of your day! I went last summer with my family and my cousins, but didn't get to a lot of what you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thanks, Hanne! Yeah, I've gone before but never this much as a tourist :) You should definitely go again :)

      Delete
  6. Oh those beautiful white and pink trees, how I need some of these here during this dreary spring! I love these photos, especially the ones of the Statue of Liberty. I'm actually going to NYC for the second time this November, and the first time I went wasn't the best experience (mostly because I never like cities/I was young/trying to fit the entirety of Manhattan into one day). I was actually thinking about how anxious I am (even though the whole reason I'm going is to see the show on Broadway that I've been dreaming of for nearly two years!), but your words and photos now make me a bit excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire!!! thanks so much :) Oohh that sounds exciting! Almost of all the other times I went I don't remember much of because I was too young xD It's way better now that I can actually grasp it. omg WOW that sounds so exciting. That is literally so cool! I'd love to go to Broadway sometime. NYC is honestly so inspiring to me, so yeah, I think you'll have fun!

      Delete
  7. I don't know why, but these photos remind me of all the movies I've seen shot in New York, ha ha. I love, love your shot of the statue of Liberty and the blossoms along the apartment buildings. So pretty!

    I've never been there, but it's on my list for sure.
    cheers.
    k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really??? omg that's like such a huge compliment so THANK YOU!!! This comment put such a big smile on my face :)

      Delete
  8. I like these travel posts a lot. It makes me nostalgic for places I've been and experiences I've never had. It's amazing how big and varied our lovely world is. Thanks for sharing, Autumn! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh same, Jessica :) I love watching videos or looking at good photographs of other places. It makes me want to travel the world. There's so much to see xx

      Delete
  9. Great pictures! Looks like you had tons of fun!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT IS THAT BUILDING WITH THE COOL CEILING??? I feel supah uncultured wow xD LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A BEAUTIFUL TIME!! I can't wait to go NYC one day :')

    rock on,
    abbiee <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it's the cathedral? I kinda have two different ceiling pictures, but the really fancy one is the St. Patrick's Cathedral. SO. FRICKIN. BEAUTIFUL. <3

      Yes dude! You totally need to. It's so so inspiring!

      Delete
  11. Those look awesome! I have always wanted to go to new York oh my gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Autumn, these photos are gorgeous!! You are such an incredible photographer. <3

    ReplyDelete

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.